11.24.2014

Penguin English Library Classics


One of my most precious vices, is pretty book covers. I can't help it. I will gladly by a (favourite) book a second time, if I happen to see it released in a particularly gorgeous edition. And - while we're on the subject - possibly my favourite releases of all time, belong to the Penguin English Library Classics collection. Aren't they just beautiful?

Unfortunately I only own two editions at the moment - Jane Eyre & Dorian Gray - however, I plan on collecting a good deal of them. Even if it's just for the satisfaction of many matching neon orange spines. In fact, only today I happened to order both Frankenstein and Dracula. Look at those lovely illustrated hearts on the Dracula cover... my heart is melting.

Book-buying seems to be the major downside that has come out of my beauty spending ban... if I can't buy beauty, I buy books. Help.

Please tell me that I'm not alone in this...

(P.S. A book haul has just gone live on my Youtube channel in which I talk about these lovely editions. See here.)