7.23.2014

The Blogger Made Me Buy It Tag


I wasn't tagged to do this... I've just been seeing it around and really wanted to give it a go! Feel free to post one yourself and be sure to send me all your links so I can have a look! Note, I'm also going to be including youtube channels in 'blogs'.

Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that really rely on for reviews and swatches?
Influence-wise, basically everyone in the green blogging community. However, special mentions go to Annabel, Brianna and NMDL. All three who have influenced one of the above pictured. Review-wise, you can't beat Ana for in-depth reviews of so many wonderful brands.

Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
Usually this depends on price. If one of my favourite bloggers is raving about a budget product, then I'll usually add it to the mental list. However, if anything is above £10 or a makeup item, then I'll definitely do a bit of research to find reviews with swatches or viewpoints from girls with a similar skin type to me. Of course, I always check out the ingredients for myself as well as green standards do very between the community.

What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Definitely the Acure Argan shampoo & conditioner that was purchased as a result of reading multiple positive reviews. I've already repurchased twice and I'm looking forward to autumn/winter when I can start using it again as I usually need something a little lighter in the summer. Also, the TANF Cream Blushes (care of Brianna) have been my favourite makeup purchase since going natural. The colour pictured above is Bubblegum but my favourite shade is definitely Dusky Rose.


What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Hm, now this one is hard. I can't actually think of too many! The only thing I can think of is the Thayers Rose & Witch Hazel Toner. Although I started out quite liking it, recently I've realised that it really doesn't do much for my skin. However, I've now stopped using it as a toner and I really enjoy using it as a mixing medium with powder masks. So I don't hate it really, in fact, I may even repurchase. It seems this question has turned out to be quite the failure!

Name 5 products that you have bought recently as a result of blogs?
May Lindstrom Clean Dirt, Inika Eyeshadow in Lightening, a konjac sponge, Andalou Naturals Illuminating Toner. Soz, I can only think of four.

Have you ever given in to blogger hype? If so, what hype?
The May Lindstrom hype of course. My bank balance hates me.

Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
A lot of my favourite products are actually items that I've bought on a whim, without reading any reviews or sometimes even without ever having heard of it before. For example, the Trilogy Hydrating Mist Toner and Pai Camellia & Rose Hydrating Cleanser are staples in my skincare routine and I hadn't really heard of them or read any reviews before I first purchased. Now, I can't live without them!

I'd love to read all your versions of this tag so get writing!