8.21.2014

#BeautyChallenge10 Wishlist


You may already know but if you didn't, me some fellow green beauty girls are taking part in something called #beautychallenge10. In fact, some girls have actually already finished the challenge! The basic premise is that we are not allowed to purchase any more beauty products (bar essential replacements) until we successfully use up ten products that we already own. Not quite an innovative feat but challenging all the less! I started off pretty good but I've now reached quite the plateau and haven't finished a product for over two weeks. Although, I've got a sneaky suspicion that a couple items may disappear all at once very soon! As mentioned just a moment ago, some girls have already completed the challenge and I'm still on only 2 items... hats off to them!

Anyway, back to the wishlist. I have now decided that this challenge may actually be doing me a lot of good because I haven't actually been lusting after many beauty products. The only absolute purchase, come the end of challenge, is the Dr Alkaitis Organic Soothing Gel. I've been exposed to far too many glowing reviews and now it must be mine. It's pretty pricey at just over £40 but you get a whooping 120ml which is awesome! It sounds like a perfect aloe vera-based wet dream.

The only other beauty product on my radar is the Lily Lolo Eyeliner in Brown. I don't actually own a brown liner as of yet and it's high time that I fill the gap in my collection! I've heard great things about this budget green liner so I'm eager to give it a whirl.

Finally, I NEED SOME STATIONERY. I had a bit of a breakdown yesterday when I realised that I have just over a month until I start university* and I am yet to purchase many books/stationery items. I quickly made a hefty Amazon order for all my essential reading and I have now begun trawling the likes of Paperchase and Muji for cute writing bits. I've got my heart set on some Kraft notebooks (to destroy with washi tape!), and some beautiful gel pens from Muji. Bring on the revision ;-)


*Sometimes I wonder if you guys are actually aware of how young I really am! I'm only 19 and very much one of the youngest in the green community. I deferred my Uni place so that's why I'm only starting this year! I shall be studying English Literature and (hopefully) German.