8.17.2014

New and Exciting Things


I'm sure that - from the title - you were expecting this post to be a little deeper than it actually is. Well it's not. We're talking about new things. I try my hardest to be profound and minimal rather than superficial, but in all realness, I really do like new things.

1:: Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. Well here is a book that has been on my 'to-read' list for as long as I can remember. I finally got round to picking it up on a recent jaunt to one of those fancy London Waterstones stores with the big stairs and big chairs. Foer is one of my absolute favourite authors and having most of his books, I thought that it might be time to dig in to one of his most famous releases. The artwork for this book is absolutely stunning and from what I've read so far, the prose is just as wonderful.

2:: Coutiver Soaps. I came across Coutiver during an Etsy raid and I was hooked by the bright modern packaging and promise of 100% vegan, natural, palm-free soaps. What makes this brand even better is the intense eco-friendly stance and the fact that they are made just a few miles from my own home! I have only briefly tried the products so far but shall be doing an in-depth post very soon.

3:: Weleda Purifying Lotion. I've been having quite the 'mare with my skin lately. I'm not sure of the catalyst, but almost overnight my skin exploded with horrendous itchy cystic acne. I've decided that it's probably down to my recent slip in eating habits i.e. I've been eating all the (not so healthy) food. I've now got myself back on track and things are starting to look a lot clearer. That's partly down to this little bottle of magic that uses natural herbal extracts to soothe and purify problem skin. This is my first dip in to the world of Weleda after getting my head around their rather confusing cruelty-free status.

4:: Madhava Deliciously Organic Coconut Sugar. I have tried coconut sugar before, but it was very expensive for only a small amount and I wasn't too sure what to do with it. However, I found this large organic bag for hella cheap on Vitacost and I'm excited to get creative. So far I've only used it in smoothies and cookies but I'm already viewing it as an awesome replacement for conventional cane sugar.