7.02.2015

Intro to: Marmozel Skincare


This review has been such a long time coming! I've been enjoying this brand for a while and I'm finally ready to put my thoughts in to words. A good couple months ago, I was contacting by the lovely Rimante from Marmozel and asked if I wanted to try a couple of their products. I took a gander at their website - was thoroughly impressed - and so was quick to jump on the chance to test a few out. I'd like to note also, that Rimante was super friendly throughout the entire process and you could actually tell that she had read my blog a little before emailing me, which is something that I REALLY appreciate when it comes to being approached by PRs. 

As a whole, Marmozel is near-enough vegan-friendly (apart from the beeswax in their lip balms), and all their products are made in Lithuania with certified organic ingredients. You can order for delivery to the UK through their website or I did actually notice that there is a reflexologist in the UK that uses their products and there is contact details for them if you were interested. I was sent five products to try, but today I wanted to focus on the three products that have really gone above and beyond in terms of performance.

If we're being completely honest, I haven't really used a hair mask at all since going natural. However, recently I've been experiencing some problems with a super dry scalp so this product has been well appreciated. One of the first things that I noticed about this hair mask is that it smells AMAZING - a true lavender and rosemary scent. It's lovely and thick but easy to spread throughout out your hair due to the coconut oil base that melts in to a luxurious oil. I did find myself quite skeptical about the 60ml product size, but I'm glad to report that there was no need for concern as I have safely got four uses out of this little tub, with still at least half of it left. It's been doing absolute wonders for my dry scalp and I love to sleep with this on before washing off in the morning. The scent lingers on the hair and everything feels just so soft and nourished. I would definitely consider repurchasing this product when it eventually runs out.

I've always been massively in to toners - but never really that much in to floral waters. Here's where things change. This toner is super simple in it's ingredients: using only rose damask and jasmine floral waters, and it's just what my skin has been needing lately. It's perfect to spritz on the skin before applying facial oils and this ritual really helps improve the efficacy of your oils. It did take me a while to get used to the strong rose scent (something that I've never been that keen on), but I'm definitely a floral water convert and already have a couple lined up in my arsenal to try next. 

Marmozel also carry a selection of handmade perfume oils and I was lucky enough to try the scent named 'Very'. With a jojoba oil base, this perfume uses notes of bergamot, vetiver, black pepper, and rosemary. It smells absolute divine and the scent does seem to linger for a couple hours after application. I like carrying this around in my handbag as an emergency scent, in addition to a little aromatherapy rollerball when it's needed.

Have you tried anything from Marmozel? Let me know!