8.05.2014

Review: Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser


This is an extremely over-due review. I've been using this cleanser for nearing on six months and it is about time that it was sung a little praise on my dear old blog. The Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser is a product that I actually prefer to use as a scrub, rather than it's primary intended function. A concoction of aromatic lemon oils and natural cane sugar, this glorious potion sloughs away dead skin cells like no other and leaves your face smooth and glowing. Of course, the inclusion of citrus oils means that it is however not suitable for all times and all people. If you have sensitivities/allergies to citrus oils, please skip this one. Also, if you do choose to splurge, keep this one for night time use only as these precious oils unfortunately increase photosensitivity.

Warnings aside, this is a really beautiful product. I feel like I don't even have to mention how amazing it smells because how can it not with such ingredients? The mention of cane sugar can be quite misinformed, leading you to believe that such a product would be scratchy and stripping. However, the granules emulsify and create the most luscious foam which stop the cleanser from becoming too harsh on even the most sensitive of skins. I do suggest remembering to add enough water though, as too thick of a consistency will lead to a stubborn sugary film that calls for a second cleanse. Also, I would choose not to use this on particularly acneaic skin as the combination of citrus oils and manual exfoliation could lead to inflammation, especially when the skin is already unhappy. Therefore, I love to use this when my skin is surprisingly behaving as it keeps me on a good skin streak and encourages a wonderful healthy glow. Also, there is the bonus that a freshly exfoliated face will easily accept and absorb serums or treatment oils. This in turn, leads to a happy, plump, bright face come morning. As a quick note: I would suggest using this product in the shower to ensure complete removal as the couple times that I have done otherwise (and removed with a flannel instead), I have been left - a few minutes later - finding sugar crystals stuck along my jawline, or more annoyingly, in my eyebrows! 

Another thing that I love about this product is that it just never seems to end! Granted I haven't been using everyday, but I have at least been using near enough 2-3 times a week. You only need about the amount shown to cleanse your entire face and I have not yet even reached the half way point after about six months of use. Now that's bang for your buck! The product itself is more on the high-end of price ranges but you can always track it down with some kind of discount and the longevity is impressive. If you're worried, you can always pick up a sample, which are available in pretty generously sized pots. I haven't tried much else from Suki but I'm really impressed with this cleanser and I'm really going to enjoy using it up!

Have you tried anything from Suki?

Ingredients:
natural (sugar) sucrose, organic potassium cocoate (saponified coconut oil), organic oryza sativa (rice) powder, cymbopogon flexuosus (lemongrass) oil, avena sativa (colloidal oat™) l., poaceae, citrus aurantium dulcis (sweet orange) peel extract, squalane (from olive oil), calming complexion complex™ (chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower/leaf extract, calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract), carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, organic ascophyllum nodosum (seaweed) extract, 100% pure (fragrance) essential oils, limonene*, citral*.
*components of 100% pure steam-distilled essential oils.
17% certified organic ingredients