12.30.2014

Two Cosy Bath Time Reviews: Isle of Wolf & Skin Blossom


So it's that time of year when all I want to do is sit around in the bath with a good book and soak away. My two essential ingredients for a good bath are as follows; a beautifully scented bath soak and a good quality soy candle that smells just as good. My two picks from MyPure this month have really been ticking all these boxes.

While I wait for my bath to fill, I pour in just a little of the Skin Blossom Therapeutic Bath Soak*. Skin Blossom are one of my top brands due to their brilliant ingredients, Soil Association accreditation (this product is 74% organic) and just the true value of their products. Everything is so well priced and this wonderful bath soak is no exception. You can grab a handy 300ml bottle from MyPure for just £7.95. This bath soak is foaming (using sodium coco-sulfate), but the appearance is far from your average bubble bath. The liquid is luxurious and richly scented with natural essentials oils, filling your bathroom with notes of relaxing rosemary and ylang-ylang. However, you can be sure the scents are by no-means overpowering. This is a massive plus-point for me as strong scents - especially after a couple reading hours in the bath - can leave me with terrible headaches. Fortunately, I've had absolutely no issues in this area when it comes to Skin Blossom products. I've really been enjoying using this soak, and the addition of the following Isle of Wolf candle has meant that my bath times have been equally luxurious and soothing. I'm usually not that picky with bath products but I've been thoroughly convinced by this offering and I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a continuing repurchase. 

Isle of Wolf is a totally new brand discovery for me. This wonderful brand - created out of the family-owned Viksala Manor near the Baltic Sea - creates gorgeous 100% natural  GMO-free soy-wax candles in the most divine of scents. I chose the suitably festive sounding Isle of Wolf Cinnamon Spice Candle* and I was most definitely not disappointed. This is actually my first time trying a soy-wax candle as post-veganism I've near enough just avoided them completely. However, I can now safely say that I am indeed a convert. I've never experienced a candle that has burnt so clean, without any black smoke or sooty residue. Everything about the candle is wonderfully crafted, from the natural Better Cotton Initiative wick, all the way down to the heatproof and scratch-proof coaster. I really am incredibly impressed with this candle and I am still all kinds of surprised that they only cost £20 for a whopping 40 hours of burn time. Of course, still considered a luxury, but considerably cheaper than most high-end mainstream candle houses. Unfortunately, this candle really has caught my fancy and I have already nearly burnt it through! :(

Both of these products are available from the MyPure website, and both would make stunning Christmas pressies for your loved ones next year!

Skin Blossom Soak Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin**, Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil*, Coco-Glucoside, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*, Linalool, Lauryl Glucoside, Stearyl Citrate, Sucrose Laurate, Sodium Benzoate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Citric Acid, Tocopherol, Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil*, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil*, Parfum*, Potassium Sorbate

Isle of Wolf Candle Ingredients:
100% pure plant wax & scented with 100% natural aromas obtained from pure essential oils. Natural cotton wick sourced from suppliers of Better Cotton Initiative Programme.