1.22.2015

10 Books to Read in 2015


Hello everyone! Another book post for you today... I'm sharing ten books that I would like to have read by the end of 2015. Most of these are classics that I'm frankly embarrassed  that I haven't read - and some of them are books that have been sitting on my shelf for way to long.

This year I'm concentrating on reading through the books that I already own, rather than consistently buying new books. I'm casually taking part in the Read Five Buy One challenge, in which you can only buy a single book after having read five that you already own. I've hoping that this will steadily reduce my owned-not-read shelf, which is currently sitting at 46 books.
  • Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
  • Dracula - Bram Stoker
  • The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger
  • A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
  • Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell
  • Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
  • The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson
  • Burial Rites - Hannah Kent
  • The Luminaries - Eleanor Catton
  • Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
So... I better get started with the challenge! If you would like to follow my progress, you can add me as a friend on Goodreads, here.