1.29.2015

Review: Inika Ultimate Lip Tint in 'Cosmic'


If I'm honest, I've not really tried much from Inika. Despite being a pretty 'mainstream' vegan/natural make-up brand, I've only ever tried an eyeshadow from them. Therefore, I was rather excited when I noticed MyPure were stocking one of their newest releases, the Ultimate Lip Tints*. I decided to give the shade 'Cosmic' a go, which is a sheer burnt orange-red.

My very first impressions about the product were definitely wrapped up in the gorgeous packaging. Along with Inika's trademark black & gold, the lip tints come in sleek, thin bullets which are really easy to apply, and are surprisingly cleaner than traditional lipstick packaging. I would definitely say that these longer tubes are my preference when it comes to lip products. They also have a very satisfying click when closing. Don't you just love that? Packaging may be beautiful, but let’s get on to what really matters… what’s inside.

Formula-wise, it's really lovely. I was a bit skeptical at first, but upon testing I was glad to find that the product applies smoothly, and with a consistent colour. It is worth noting however that this product is most definitely a sheer tint, so don't be expecting any major pigmentation. But, as I said, the colour that it does have applies really evenly. This sheerness does actually work really well with the burnt orange-red colour, and the very slight shimmer really brightens the face. I'm not at all a shimmery lip kind of person, so don't worry - it is indeed slight and in no way garish. However, I'm still not sure if this shade is really for me and it would probably look better on someone with a slightly warmer skin tone. The other colours available look really lovely, I have my eye on 'Cherish' - a super glossy purple. Purple lips are my current vice. The ingredients are also really decent, being of course vegan, a high percentage organic, halal, and - most importantly for lip products - dye-free. Peppermint oil is also included, to give the products a really delicious minty taste and smell.

Overall, I am really impressed with my second dip in to Inika. However, I would say that the price is a downside. The RRP is £15.50, which I would consider a little steep for a lip tint. Saying that, you can find these on MyPure slightly discounted at £13.95.

Ingredients:
Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) oil*, Euphorbia cerifera (Candelilla) wax, Ricinus communis (Castor) oil*, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil*, Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) wax*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter*, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) oil*, Natural flavours, Tocopherol, Silicon Dioxide, Mica 77019, Titanium Dioxide 77891, Iron Oxide CI 77491, Iron Oxide CI 77499. *Certified organic ingredient. Certified Organic, Cruelty-Free, Vegan and Halal.