3.10.2014

Current Favourites #2


This month has truly been the month of Pai (Will I ever shut up about the brand?) and my top product has to be the BioRegenerate Oil. A beautiful mix of rosehip fruit and seed oils, this blend will leave you glowing. It has been doing wonders for my lack-lustre winter skin and is truly a miracle worker when it comes to giving your skin that extra boost ready for spring. 

Another body part of mine that always seems to suffer in the colder weather is my elbows. And what have I been using to keep them healthy and smooth? Hand cream. Duh. Soap and Glory's Hand Food is a bit of a cult classic as it sinks in almost instantly and smells absolutely divine. I've had my eye on some hand creams from Deep Steep and what better way to use up this one by slathering it absolutely everywhere except my hands? 

When it comes to lip care, I'm a big fan of the tinted lip balm. A dirty Maybelline Baby Lips featured in my last Current Favourites and this time round I'm all about Hurraw, a brand offerring 100% raw and vegan lip balms in a variety of flavours and tints. This one is 'Black Cherry' and tastes of you guessed it... cherries, while imparting your lips with the most gorgeous "just eat some raspberries" stain.

On the makeup front, I've continued my exploration in to mineral makeup. An eyeshadow I've been loving lately is 'Hodor' by Shiro Cosmetics, a soft grey-taupe with subtle silver shimmer. Named after the loveable Stark servant in Game of Thrones, this shade is perfect for the coveted one-step smokey eye that I just adore. I picked up quite a few shades from Shiro's GoT collection because really, who can resist?

Finally, we have this Pressed Powder from Honeybee Gardens. Marketed as a foundation, this is a highly pigmented powder that can be layered to achieve any desired level of coverage. It's surprisingly mattifying and has a really good shade range. I have the lightest shade, Geisha. The packaging is 100% no frills, but you can buy a compact for it if you're willing to shell out a few extra pennies. I've really been enjoying this as an alternative to my much loved S&G powder.

What products have you been loving lately?