3.17.2014

Review: Pai Echium and Argan Gentle Eye Cream


Some would say that I'm too young to be using eye cream. However, I'm 19 next week and I'm loving this product more than ever. Eye cream was never really a common occurrence in my skincare routine before now. I had an extremely mediocre offering from Green People floating about my bedroom but I never felt any need to use it. Then there was the polar vortex. 

My skin has never been dry as such, but there's one problem area that always reacts to the harsh weather... my eyes. They become tight and sore, yearning for some gentle hydration that offers a bit more than your bog standard day cream for oily skin. Obviously, Pai is my go-to brand at the moment and their Echium and Argan Gentle Eye Cream has really been the ticket for my winter eye woes. Using this morning and night has eradicated the dreaded tired eye feeling and has significantly diminished concealer creasing that can come from dehydrated peepers. I really enjoy the ritual of application and I've found that the best way to use is by pumping a tiny amount on to a ring finger, rubbing it between both ring fingers, and then tapping along your orbital bone, allowing natural body heat to send the nutrients upwards. Your eyes will feel instantly refreshed and you can positively feel those dark circles cowering away... One thing to note though, the pump is very sensitive and it isn't hard to accidentally release enough product to cover your whole face!

The packaging may say 'Age Confidence' but believe me when I say this beauty offers way more than the promise to be wrinkle free (I'll report back in 30 years or so on that claim).

The beautiful ingredients that I've come to expect from Pai:

Aqua, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil*, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, carthamus tinctorius (thistle) seed oil*, cetearyl alcohol, glycerin*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, cetearyl glucoside, echium plantagineum seed oil, rosa canina seed extract*, pelargonium graveolens oil*, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil*, jasminum grandiflorum flower extract*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil*, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, tocopherol, sodium levulinate, sodium anisate, sodium lauroyl lactylate, glyceryl stearate citrate, lactic acid.

Naturally occurring in essential oils: citronellol*, d-limonene*, geraniol*, linalool*.

*Certified Organic by the Soil Association (Organically produced 74% of product). Contains Nut Oil.