9.12.2014

The Hydrating Mists


It's September - but it's still pretty warm and if I'm honest, you can never have too many hydrating mists, or toners in general for that matter. In this post, I shall be sharing with you something old, something new and something a little bit different within this much loved beauty category. A category that green beauty does rather well.

Something old: Let's kick it all off with my favourite of the bunch. The Trilogy Hydrating Mist Toner. The scent is light and floral, the mister is top notch (ever so important) and formula is truly moisturising. This is the only toner that I have come across that really does penetrate the skin and moisturise, rather than just making it wet. This is down to the aloe base and the glorious addition of rose water and rose/lavender essential oils. This one is definitely a winner... and check out that equally awesome price tag!

Somthing new: The Green People Toning Hydrating Mist* is a new release which was generously sent to me by GP. I've been testing out and I've found that it's PERFECT for prepping your face for oils. Nothing ground-breaking, but definitely a useful addition to any collection. The ingredients are great (no alcohol and 96% organic!), and the price isn't too bad either. My only problems with this product are related to the packaging. The mister is down right horrendous (spray in to your hands and pat on to avoid taking an unplanned shower) and the plastic feels a little cheap. However, this makes it a good option to carry round in your bag without risking breakages. 

Something different: Now for something a little innovative. Let me introduce you to the Raw Gaia MSM Beauty Spray* which is actually more of a moisturiser in spray form, rather than a regular toner. This unique blend of floral waters, oils and skin regenerating MSM, smells amazing and leaves skin happy and glowing. MSM (a nutritional form of sulphur) is known as the beauty mineral and I can really vouch for the results that this product provides. This is perfect for giving combo & dehydrated skin and extra moisture boost without entering oil-slick territory. I'll be doing a more in-depth review of this and another amazing Raw Gaia product very shortly. 

Tell me about some of your favourite toning mists...