4.14.2014

Review: Andalou Naturals Untinted Beauty Balm with SPF 30


Finding a good facial SPF is hard enough when you're going natural. Add in oily skin and a complexion that's sensitive to silicones and boy that's a challenge.

Andalou Naturals is a brand that's really captured my heart. I adore their formulations, packaging and a good deal of their products are vegan. Unfortunately, the brand is pretty hard to get your hands on in the UK. Select products are available on Amazon but they're much cheaper on sites such as iHerb and Vitacost if you don't mind risking hefty customs fees.

I picked up the Andalou Naturals Untined Beauty Balm with SPF 30 in an iHerb haul recently, and I'm extremely impressed. It's a wonderfully hydrating lotion with the added benefits of mineral SPF protection. It's lovely under makeup but a tad heavy over moisturiser so I tend to use it as a SPF/moisturiser/primer all in one. It comes out the bottle quite thick but you only need a little amount for your entire face. If you're pale like me, there's no need to fear a white cast either. It smells of lemongrass (my absolute favourite scent) and harbours lots of gorgeous essential oils that offers unique skincare benefits as well as everything else. A true multi-tasker! A tinted version is also available if you'd like to skip another step in your routine.

As mentioned, the main reason I like this product is because it feels so damn nourishing. Usually I associate SPF with greasy and dehydrated skin, but my skin feels plump and just happy after application. For my first foray in to natural facial SPF... I'm impressed!

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Zinc oxide 20% (sunscreen).
Inactive Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis juice*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) and helianthus annuus (sunflower) oils*, sorbitan stearate, glyceryl stearate, fruit stem cell and bioactive 8 berry complex*, caprylic/capric triglycerides, hyaluronic acid, salvia officinalis (sage), serenoa rapens (saw palmetto) and salix alba (willow bark) extracts*, punica granatum (pomegranate) oil*, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), algae extract, zinc gluconate, magnesium sulfate, aspalathus linearis (rooibos), hibiscus rosa-sinensis and camllia sinensis (white tea) extracts*, phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, citrus tangerina (tangerine) and cymbopogon martini (palmarosa) oils*.
*Organic