2.13.2014

Losing My Virginity to Dr Bronner


Today, me and Dr Bronner went all the way. We've dabbled in a bit of hand sanitising business before now, but this morning we got down and dirty. Down and dirty with some makeup brushes.

I recently picked up this baby bottle of Dr Bronners Liquid Castile Soap during my RMS splurge on Cult Beauty. Obviously, I chose the peppermint version because it's possibly my most favourite scent in the world. Boy does it smell goooood. But we aren't here to gush over scents, oh no. We're here to talk about its majestic cleaning powers. In the past I have deep cleaned my brushes with baby shampoo or anything I could really get my mitts on. I never really gave it much thought and then I wondered why my brushes were shredding.

Everyone and their Mum has heard of this stuff and it has taken me so long to finally give it a try. Let's just say that I love it and my brushes love it. I've never seen them so clean! My ritual is a simple one; fill a small bowl with some water, sprinkle in a few drops of soap, give it a whirl and then dip your brushes in to the solution. Next, swirl your brushes around on some kitchen roll until they're clean. Finally, give them a quick rinse and then leave to dry like so. Perfecto.

P.S. I don't know if anyone has ever actually sat down and read the mindless ranting that covers the label but if you're bored, give it a try. Laughs will ensue.