2.14.2014

Review: Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation


Lily Lo-and behold my new HG foundation. I'm such a joker.

I've always been a liquid foundation girl. Well, that's an overstatement, I'm probably more of a tinted moisturiser girl. Okay, I'm a liquid base products girl. Jeez. One thing I had noticed while scouring the depths of the online green beauty community was the lack of a decent vegan liquid foundation. On this side of the pond it's all powders and creams which are positively shunned in the conventional beauty blogging world. For me, liquid formulations were always the quick go-to routines which left me with lovely glowing skin in a matter of seconds. Never before had I considered trying a powder foundation, which in hind-sight seems strange considering how much more suited they are to combination/oily skins.

I'd heard the name Lily Lolo whispered a few times amongst bloggers and I decided to order a few diddy samples from their website. The Lily Lolo Foundation drew me in with its wide shade range and the fact that it's easily accessible being a UK company. It's not too badly priced either at a modest £13.49. The is a pure mineral foundation, being that it 's non-comedogenic and doesn't sit in your pores like regular products. It also contains SPF15.

The first thing that struck me was the fact that for once in my entire life, I wasn't matched to the palest shade available. This means that even the palest girls are likely to find a shade to suit them! I ended up with the shade China Doll which is actually a tad warmer than my skin tone, but I find that the slight step up stops me from looking dead. I'll probably end up purchasing the lightest shade - Porcelain - to allow for some perfect shade mixology. 

I apply this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and it provides surprisingly good coverage when used over concealer. However, if you're into full coverage, I'd suggest layering this over a light liquid foundation. I actually really enjoy the finish as it never looks cakey on me and evens out all my redness. I tend to apply a light layer all over my face and then concentrate a second layer over problem areas. The only place I don't like this is under my eyes as it tends to crease a little bit.

Overall, I'm really liking using this foundation and I can see it becoming a firm favourite. I think it's going to be perfect when the weather gets a little warmer! I really suggest you give some samples a try!

This product is natural and suitable for vegans.