2.24.2014

Review: Pumpkin & Poppy Oak Bark Contouring Powder


Indie makeup is something I'm really starting to get in to. There's something very special about handmade makeup, especially when it's wonderfully natural and vegan. Pumpkin & Poppy is just that. P&P is an Etsy/Artfire store run by the lovely Kristy and it offers 100% vegan cruelty-free mineral makeup that is super affordable! 

The first product I was immediately intrigued by was the Oak Bark Contouring Powder. This mineral powder is a very cool-toned taupe which makes it perfect for paler skins such as mine. It does have a slight shimmer, but nothing that looks too harsh or fake on the skin as this finely milled powder is super easy to blend. I like to use an Eco Tools blush brush to seriously fake out some cheekbones as god only knows I'm lacking. I did attempt a swatch/demo photo but while I'm still using my iPhone to take photos (could you tell?), it's kind of hard! I'm planning on buying a 600D ASAP. I also really enjoy this powder as an eyeshadow as it creates a lovely natural sheen on the lids. As mentioned above, it's super affordable and this contour powder works out at about £5 before shipping.

Keep in mind that if you do make an order, it could take some time for delivery. Indie makeup products are regularly made to order and so please be patient! For comparison, I made my order on 3rd February and received it roughly two and a half weeks later.

I'm extremely impressed with the ingredients in P&P products as they are paraben-free, fragrance-free, without lake-dyes, talc, bismuth, oxychloride or any animal by-products whatsoever. You receive a generous 20g in a sifter jar which has possibly the cutest packaging ever... don't you agree? I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my eye on a good handful of other P&P products, especially Kristy's beautiful cream eye shadows.

Ingredients: Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Silica Microspheres, Iron Oxides.