2.26.2014

Natural Makeup for Spring


If you completely ignore the horrifically damp England weather, Spring is actually just a stones throw away. Being an Aries, I'm definitely in to Spring and I love seeing fresh flower buds popping up when the weather begins to get warmer. 

My favourite look recently has been relatively simple, focusing on a glowy complexion and pops of pink. My secret weapon for this postively angelic healthy sheen is the RMS Beauty Living Luminizer. With its creamy balm consistency and glitter-free formula, this little gem can make a serious difference. I may be on a moral fence with this product, but there's no denying that it creates an unbeatable glow. I've been pairing this with the Beauty Without Cruelty Duo Blusher in Pink Blush. This squeaky clean brand cannot go wrong when it comes to morals but honestly, the pigmentation of this blush is a bit lacking. However, I've found that the trick is in the application. I normally use a stippling brush for blush but when switched out for a denser buffing brush, this product actually applies really nicely. It's definitely a shimmer finish so doubles up for some extra highlighting power. Finally, my lips have been loving the Ilia Beauty Lip Pencil in Karma Chameleon. This is the most beautiful bright neon coral which works well toned down as well as with a full on layered application. I've never been a bright lip girl, but Ilia's shades have truly converted me. Unfortunately the lip pencil formula is their only vegan option so you can bet your bottom dollar, I'll be collecting them all!