6.28.2014

Review: Ilia Beauty Lip Pencils


I've been meaning to do this post for aaaaages! I'm always talking about my Ilia Lip Pencils and finally I can share them with you guys. Let me first apologise for the super pasty pics... at least the colours for the swatches are spot on!

Ilia Beauty is such a dreamy company but unfortunately not many of their products are suitable for vegans. I'm so happy that the lip pencils are because they seriously offer some of the nicest unique shades. I own the beautifully bright Karma Chameleon and the muted mauve, Dress You Up. Can we just appreciate the shade names as well? Karma-karma-karma-karma-karma chameleon... *breaks out in dance*.

Karma Chameleon is probably the brightest lip colour I own, which all things considered, is a bit weak for the massive lip product addict that I am. It's a wonderfully bright orange coral and surprisingly, it's super flattering on my pale-as-pale skin. This one glides on a dream and it can be worn bold and bright, or dabbed carefully for a more demure pop of colour. Sometimes it can apply a little streaky, but that's easy to correct with just another coat. I love wearing this without any eye makeup and it is a perfect match for a bright coral fluffy jumper that I own... (see my latest YT vid for that one!). 

Dress You Up is a 'nude' but it definitely leans towards the purple side. It's one of those my-lips-but-better shades and it goes with absolutely everything. My only qualm with this one is that the formula isn't quite as good as Karma Chameleon. This one is slightly more matte which makes it quite dry to apply. It shows up any dry skin or lip imperfections so make sure you give your smackers a good scrub beforehand. Despite that, I probably wear this shade the most. It's a lovely deep colour that can really pull a look together without it looking like you have too much on. I really enjoy it.

These beauties are slightly pricey (I managed to snag mine in the 50% off BeautyMart sale) but I haven't really seen much to rival them in the green beauty world as of yet. They're probably the closest you are going to get to the Nars Lip Pencils. I've currently got my eye on the lovely red shade, 99 Red Balloons and I can't wait to add to my collection! 

INGREDIENTS/for KARMA CHAMELEON LIP CRAYON
Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Trisostearyl Citrate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnuaba) Wax*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil*, Carica (Papya) Seed Oil. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red 7 (CI15858), Iron Oxide (CI77499, CI77492, CI77491). *Certified Organic Ingredients. Ingrédients Certifiés Biologiques.

INGREDIENTS/for DRESS YOU UP LIP CRAYON
Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Trisostearyl Citrate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnuaba) Wax*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil*, Carica (Papya) Seed Oil. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red 7 (CI15858), Iron Oxide (CI77499, CI77492, CI77491). *Certified Organic Ingredients. Ingrédients Certifiés Biologiques.