6.20.2014

#GreenBeautySwap with Liz (Smells Like A Green Spirit)


A couple months ago, the lovely Ria of NatuRia Beauty arranged a special spring/summer Green Beauty Swap! Having watched the magic of the last Christmas-themed swap from afar, I was eager to jump right in this time around. I quickly signed up and a couple weeks later I was given my partner... the beautiful Liz from Smells Like A Green Spirit! I'm sure you all love her blog just as much as me so I was thrilled to be paired with her. We exchanged a few emails and funnily enough our green standards are pretty similar which made choosing her some gifts pretty easy. However, I'm vegan - some of you may not have known - and so this gave Liz an extra little challenge when shopping for me... well, she did amazingly and I love every single item she sent me! Here's what I so gratefully received:

- Primavera Oily Skincare Set: Such a lovely idea and such a lovely brand. Only the other day was I pondering how much I would like to try Primavera... I should really keep this kit for my impending Berlin holiday but it's just so cute not to use! First impressions of the Gel Cleanser are good.

- French Girl Organics Nourishing Facial Oil: I love how Liz included some Etsy brands in her package! I'm looking forward to trying this luxurious oil which has equally luxurious packaging. I know what I'm slapping on my face tonight...

- Crazy Rumours Leaping Bunny Lip Balm: I love Crazy Rumours, and seeing so I only own one flavour (Candy Mint FYI), this plum-apricot edition is most certainly welcomed! To make matters more awesome, a portion of sales from the Leaping Bunny lip balm go directly to the Leaping Bunny Programme!

- Blossom Valley Minty Fresh Soap: Another gorgeous Etsy product which smells absolutely divine. And check out that sweet owl silhouette! My current shower gel is nearly gone and I haven't purchased a replacement, so maybe I'll get some use out of this little guy soon - if I can bare to part with him that is!

- Everyday Minerals Eye Blending Brush: Everyday Minerals is another brand that I've wanted to try for a while and I've only ever heard great things about their brushes.

- Lavera Orange Feeling Hand Cream: A girl can never have too much hand cream. And we all know how much I adore Lavera's products... this one smells zingy, like orangeade.

- Go & Home Fresh Melon Hand and Body Lotion: I've never heard of this brand but I'm loving the ingredients, loving that it's Vegan Society certified, and I'm loving the fruity scent. Fruits FTW.

- Lavera Beautiful Mineral Eyeshadow Quad "Purple Fantasy": My first Lavera makeup product! I really like all the colours in this palette and I'm excited to use it! Maybe I'll use it in a makeup-of-the-day type post.

I also received samples of the Rahua Shampoo, Aurelia Miracle Cleanser and the Priti NYC Soy Nail Polish Remover Wipes. I've used the Rahua sample already and unfortunately for my bank balance, it's love.

Overall, I just want to say a big massive thank you to Liz for sending me such amazing gifts! Hopefully she likes everything I got her just as much. If you'd like to see what I sent to Liz, check out her post on her blog.

P.S. Sorry but I'm way too lazy to link all these products x