5.07.2014

How I've Been Washing My Face


I seem to be requisitioning cleansers like no other lately. I've bought three within the last two months. However, I'm happy to say that they're all working wonderfully and each of them have fallen in to place in my routine, offering individual benefits and uses for when my skin is at varying stages of freaking out.

When my skin is particularly well-behaved, I like to use a simple cream cleanser. Something light and hydrating that isn't going to spark any rebellions that'll ruin my good skin streak. The Pai Camelia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser is perfect for this as it harbors some beautifully calming and pure ingredients that do not irritate or disrupt the skin's fragile pH balance.

When things are starting to look a little congested or lack-lustre I reach for the Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser. This combination of lemongrass and natural sugars gently exfoliate and cleanse, leaving behind a positively 'lit from within' complexion. At water's touch, the firstly grainy texture melts in to a luxurious foam that removes dirt and leaves skin clear of impurities. The scent of this product is really amazing and one whiff transports me back to childhood summers sucking on lemon ices.

Lastly, the Herbivore Botanicals Blue Clay Soap is a - you guessed it - clay-based bar soap that is suitable for both face and body. Many have likened it to REN's clay offering and you can see why. It leaves your skin with the same deep cleansed feeling, but for a fraction of the price. I like using this during the shower and the twice-weekly ritual seems to be keeping my skin clear and calm.