4.08.2014

Review: Opulentia Organics Ylang-Ylang and Lime Body Oil


A couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be given the chance to try one of the amazing Opulentia Organics Body Oils. Opulentia Organics is a natural skincare and body care range that was born out of one of life's true tragedies. The inspiring female creator founded the range after suffering from extremely dry and itchy skin following chemotherapy for aggressive cancer.

These particular body oils are of supreme quality and use only the best vitamin-rich vegetable bases and healing essentials to deeply nourish the skin. I usually suffer with horribly itchy skin on my shins and since using this lovely oil regularly post-dip, I haven't experience a single tinge or tingle. The oil is lovely and light without forgoing any vital moisturising properties. I find that after applying, in only takes about twenty minutes to sink in completely. However, in that twenty minutes, you're also free to do whatever without the worry of leaving oily smears in your wake. And I mean look at that gorgeous packaging. I really am I sucker for a nice metallic bottle and sleek black pump (swoon). The product feels very exclusive and luxe considering its mid-range price and it's definitely a must-try for any green goddess interested in smooth, soft skin and and intoxicating aromas.

The scent I tested was Ylang Ylang & Lime which I found to be very similar in smell to the OLO Morning Glory - heady but very very fruity. It's a smell that personally, I really enjoy, but it may not be to everyone's tastes! In spite of this, it's worth noting that it manages to be both relaxing for the evening and invigorating in the morning which is very useful. I feel like sometimes I can even forget about perfume after applying this. I find the scent be quite therapeutic, which points to the product's additional aromatherapy benefits. The ingredients are pretty amazing and after being highly commended in the 2014 Free From Skincare awards, how else can it be described other than "unusually good stuff"?