4.07.2014

The One-Step Smokey ft. Shiro Cosmetics


As you may all know by now, my favourite way of doing my makeup as of late is with an effortless one-product, slightly smokey but defined eye. And my favourite eyeshadow shades to use for this endeavor? Taupes. I just love me some taupes. My number one favourite product for this look is a very dirty and cruel Rimmel kohl pencil. However, I've finally found a perfect natural and vegan alternative. A gorgeous pigment by Shiro Cosmetics called Hodor. It's pretty much the eyeshadow version of the Rimmel pencil with a 10x better ingredients list and a 100x better name. Yes, it's Game of Thrones inspired (if the artwork on the lid didn't give it away already!).

I would describe the shade as a cool-toned true taupe with slight silver shimmer which doesn't really appear on the lids. I just take a fluffy eyeshadow brush, dip the tip in the pot, tap off any excess and get to work. This method allows for application and blending in just a couple seconds. Add a few lashings of mascara and what you get is a look that instantly looks a little more put-together. If you're more of a warm-toned kind of gal, I would suggest No Men Like Me from the same GoT collection. It's a very similar shade but this one has a beautiful golden bronze sheen to it that is really flattering on my brown eyes. I'd also suspect that it'd look stunning on the blue-eyed of us.

I have a few other colours from the collection but these are the two that have really been impressing me. There is no doubt that I'm going to be making another Shiro order. The geeky undertone of all the products really tickle me. I'd definitely suggest taking a look at the Shiro Cosmetics website and supporting small cruelty-free/vegan/female/woman-owned businesses!