4.01.2014

Current Favourites #3


I've got some really lovely products to talk to you about today. Only one of them is unnatural so I think I'm doing pretty well on that front!

 First we have the Andalou Naturals Untinted Oil Control Beauty Balm. To be honest, I do not have a clue why they call this a beauty balm. Definitely some bandwagon hoppin' going on here. Plain and simple, this is a SPF moisturiser with amazing skincare benefits. It's a white cream typical of SPF and while it feels kind of heavy, it really isn't. However, it is very easy to use too much and that is what will  leave you a greasy mess. You only need a tiny amount to cover your whole face, leaving your skin nourished and most importantly, protected from the evil sun. I'm pale so I don't experience a white cast but if you're even a tone darker than me, be wary! It comes with chemical-free protection from UVA/UVB rays, as well as some beautiful hydrating and protecting ingredients such as aloe vera, rooibos, hyaluronic acid and pomegrante oils. I'm loving this so much that I may even do an in-depth review in the future!

You may have seen my earlier post on The All Natural Face. Originally I thought the cream blushes were the star of the show but I cannot stop reaching for the Vegan Cream Foundation! I had always associated cream foundations with being heavy and greasy but this beauty really isn't. It's hydrating, but not slimy and it's buildable coverage means I can get a really light but effective application (my fave!).

Let me start by saying this isn't natural, vegan or cruelty-free. And it's one of the products in my stash that I'm freaking out about when it comes to finding a worthy replacement. Everything about this kohl pencil is perfect, the shade, the texture, the colour pay-off... except maybe the fact it causes harm to wee bunnies. Nevertheless, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Pencil in Taupe is great for that one-step smokey if you're not particularly cruelty-free.

Finally, a soap *GASP*. I can positively feel Caroline Hirons' piercing scorn when I profess that I use this for washing my face... Herbivore Botanicals Blue Clay Soap is a 100% natural and handmade soap that is suitable for both face and body. It smells amazing and the clay content does a good job of keeping my skin clear. I used to favour REN's clay offering for my shower face cleanse but this has well and truly taken centre stage as a slightly more natural - and purse friendly - option.

Have you tried any of these products?