4.09.2014

Balance Me Treats


My birthday was on the 22nd of March and I spent the day exploring my favourite parts of London with my boyfriend and my younger sister. These places include Covent Garden, Content Beauty and the Wholefoods in Piccadilly. The latter has the most amazing beauty hall and while I was there I couldn't help but pick up some goodies from Balance Me, which is a brand that I have been wanting to try for quite some time.

The first product which was almost a no-brainer was the Congested Skin Serum. Described as a 'skin savior' this is a blend of essential oils and aloe vera designed to calm and balance skin in times of congestion. You really don't need much of this serum and it's very cooling which is lovely when I'm looking to tame some rather painful cystic demons. However, this is definitely not something you'd want to use on the entirety of your face as all the essential oil increases your photo-sensitivity. I would suggest using only at night, on isolated areas. Although this isn't a wonder overnight sensation, it really helps to lessen redness and swelling without any drying.

My impulse purchase of the day was the Radiance Face Mask. I had been eyeing this one up for a while, but due to it being almost continuously out of stock everywhere, I had pretty much forgotten about it. Oh how glad I am that I picked this up. Although marketed as a face mask, I would call this more of a manual face scrub with added chemical exfoliation benefits. It's a light cream with finely ground walnut-shells which subtly slough away dead skin cells, leaving your skin beautifully smooth. The addition of AHAs help to clear out your pores, making your skin glow. Please me aware that this product does contain benzyl alcohol, so if that's something that your skin reacts to, stay away! Although I like to stay alcohol-free when it comes to toners and moisturisers, I'm not too bothered when it comes to products like cleansers and treatments.

Have you tried anything from Balance Me?